By Kiran Deep
“When you will receive this letter I will be in heaven watching all of you. Expressing love to his family and asking his parents to feel sorry to his fiancé” these are some of the things which I can recall from a letter which has been placed in a memorial in Leh. This letter was written by young army officer of age around 24 to his parent's before he sacrificed his life for country during Kargil war. I been to Leh nearly a year ago. I am again paying tribute to all Kargil martyrs. The martyrs who made extreme sacrifice for the country by defeating the intruders of Pakistan and won the battle in 1999. I wish I could have a copy of the letter so that I can display for everyone. What made me to pay tribute to martyrs again even before the Kargil Vijay Diwas, is Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif statement that he will not allow Kargil, 26/11, terror from Pak soil.We love peace and harmony. What does it so easy for Nawaz Sharif? As he has to do a lot of homework and set his house in order. We all hope that he will fulfill his commitment to end terror. However task seems not an easy one….It is in fact an uphill task…First he has to tackle the army, Talibans and his external secret security agencies. He did not say anything about Dawood Ibrahim…However to improve relation with India, I feel Pakistan has to end terror training centers and also those promoting hatred against humanity. And Pakistan has to get rid of the India’s most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim who is residing in Pakistan and other terrorist’s organisations.
Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 26 July every year in honour of the Kargil War's Heroes. Kargil war reminds me that we should never forget that even when the atmosphere seems to be conducive, the borders need to be protected at most care. First Pakistan intruders and recently Chinese soldiers entry into our territory remind us that borders need to be protected strongly. Things cannot change in a day…but positive intention is always important, we hope that Nawaz Sharif fulfill his promises as he made statements while an interviews to the media.
While coming out of the memorial in Leh, as after reading army officer letter I cannot control my feelings and I wrote in the visitors book that a copy of this letter should be display in all the schools, colleges and Universities so that everyone must aware of the supreme sacrifice and exemplary courage of the soldiers during Kargil war. It’s now almost a year of my trip to Kargil and Leh, but these places specially army hardwork and supreme sacrifice has left forever impression on my mind and soul.
Jai Hind
EOM

No comments:
Post a Comment